Saturday, August 30, 2008

Just For Fun!

I just found this fun personality test over here (thanks to Mama's Losing It --one of my favorite blogs)! I'm the "Guardian/Provider--Nurturer". Totally fun and surprisingly accurate! It is amazing to me how much I learn about myself from other people, even people who haven't met me. Check it out! This is some of what the folks at Myers Briggs had to say...

Guardian™ Portrait of the Provider (ESFJ)

Providers take it upon themselves to insure the health and welfare of those in their care, but they are also the most sociable of all the Guardians, and thus are the great nurturers of social institutions such as schools, churches, social clubs, and civic groups. Providers are very likely more than ten percent of the population, and this is fortunate for the rest of us, because friendly social service is a key to their nature. Wherever they go, Providers happily give their time and energy to make sure that the needs of others are met, and that social functions are a success.

Highly cooperative themselves, Providers are skilled in maintaining teamwork among their helpers, and are also tireless in their attention to the details of furnishing goods and services. They make excellent chairpersons in charge of dances, banquets, class reunions, charity fund-raisers, and the like. They are without peer as masters of ceremonies, able to speak publicly with ease and confidence. And they are outstanding hosts or hostesses, knowing everyone by name, and seemingly aware of what everyone's been doing. Providers love to entertain, and are always concerned about the needs of their guests, wanting to make sure that all are involved and provided for.

Friendly, outgoing, neighborly - in a word, Providers are gregarious, so much so that they can become restless when isolated from people. They love to talk with others, and will often strike up a conversation with strangers and chat pleasantly about any topic that comes to mind. Friendships matter a great deal to Providers, and their conversations with friends often touch on good times from years past. Family traditions are also sacred to them, and they carefully observe birthdays and anniversaries. In addition, Providers show a delightful fascination with news of their friends and neighbors. If we wish to know what's been going on in the local community, school, or church, they're happy to fill us in on all the details.

Providers are extremely sensitive to the feelings of others, which makes them perhaps the most sympathetic of all the types, but which also leaves them somewhat self-conscious, that is, highly sensitive to what others think of them. Loving and affectionate themselves, they need to be loved in return. In fact, Providers can be crushed by personal criticism, and are happiest when given ample appreciation both for themselves personally and for the tireless service they give to others.

William Howard Taft, Barbara Walters, J C Penney, Ray Kroc, Louis B. Mayer, Sam Walton, Dolley Madison, and Dave Thomas are examples of Provider Guardians.


3 comments:

KatBouska said...

Woo Hoo! You and I have the same personality. :) I like us.

Jayne said...

Thanks for the link Sunshine! I'm a healer/idealist apparently!! It is very accurate! wow!

Hillary said...

I took the test. I'm not happy. :(

I don't see myself anything like the descriptions I read. I see traces but I don't think that my major personality traits show up at all.

Mine came back with ISFJ (Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging). It said I was a Protector/Guardian.

I think it was the Guardian stuff that didn't seem to fit. I'm confused now. There were a lot of big words, lol.

There's probably more truth to it than I'm seeing at the moment.

It might help if someone else had sung with me at Mamma Mia today. :)