Sunday, August 3, 2008

You Don't Have To Go Home...



*You might want to read, The Adventure Continues , before you go on if you haven't already.

I'll try to keep this one short and sweet. We ended our day at the Grizzly River Run white-water raft (you're gonna get wet) adventure. The girlies loved that one. And we recommend the 3-D Muppet show. It's so fun to share something with your kiddos that you knew and loved growing up. Classic.

As I typed this out, I looked over the map of California Adventure to jog my memory and I realized how many things we didn't see or do. Amazing. We were seriously there all day and night. Where did the day go? Time do fly.

I will close with some random thoughts. But stay tuned. There is more vacation adventure to be had. I am here to (bore) entertain you...

Randomness:

*The FASTPASS...I love this option. Use it, people, use it. Big, big difference. :)

*From walking at Disneyland and California adventure from 9 AM to Midnight for two days in a row, I discovered that my Teva flip flops are WAY more comfy than my sneakers. Just a little tip.

*A benefit of being on vacation is that your hubby has time to paint your toenails Cherry Bomb Red.

*Tinkerbell really flew during the fireworks. I don't know how Disney did it, but she was really up there.

*Staying until Disneyland closes is kind of sad. I didn't like to see the restaurants closed and tarps over the kiosk thingies. I could totally imagine Mickey and Minnie yawning and saying, "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here!"

13 comments:

Hillary said...

Okay, I haven't read what you've written for today but that's because my eyes are about to pop out of my head and I've GOT to go get some sleep. But I had to tell you that your blog page is soooo purty.

And I'm so glad you shared your blog with me. It encouraged me to take the plunge. Now let's see if I can come up with anything worth reading!

Sunshine said...

Hill--Thanks girl...I just had it all done up by my friend, Lex! She's amazing!

I love having the blog! It's been a lot of fun and such a great way to keep in touch and let everyone (and I do mean everyone) know what's going on. Ha ha...There are SO MANY good blogs out there. I get inspired all the time now that I found this new world! I can't *wait* to see what's next on yours.

LOVED the pics on yours of you-know-who! LOVED them! :)

Jenny said...

I would love to take my kids to Disneyland. It is one of those fantasies children on the other side of the globe have.

My husband would never paint my toenails - and I don't think I would trust him to!!

Love your blog background and banner.

Dee said...

Gosh, Disneyland stays open till midnight???? Wow. Love reading about DL, probably never get there, being waaaay over the other side of the world... but interesting to read first hand about it. Our girlies would be BFF I think if they ever met, S loves a good cry too.

Our theme parks close at about 6pm, so you have to cram it all in. The Royal shows got till about 9 or 10pm, they go for about 10 days a year (the country meets the city agricultural shows)I like walking around them at night, totally different feel, but that wasbefore kids too, though I had the dog with me onece when we did an obediance demo there.. gosh, I should do my own blog too, that comment was nearly as long as one!!! LOL

Sunshine said...

Jenny--How does Australia not have a Disneyland? Australia does have a lot of good things over there too that people over on this side of the globe tend to day dream about as well. ;D

I love your blog too. Can't believe all that art. You people amaze me. :)

Sunshine said...

Dee--Yes, you do need a blog! I do love the loooong comments. I have much affinity for long comments. Well, comments. :)

Australia sounds very sensible, closing their theme parks at 6:00 p.m. Is that why you are all so gorgeous out there? Beauty sleep and all?

You guys have Wiggle World out there...is that what it's called? A whoooooole park dedicated to the boys and Dorothy. Bliss I tell you, bliss. ;D

Jennifer P. said...

THat last quote about Mickey and Minnie---hilarious! Why is it that a place like Vegas never closes, but Disneyland does? Probably something about the morals and values of the patrons :)....

It was fun to go on vacay with you!

And pretty toenails, btw!

Sunshine said...

Hi Jennifer! Always glad to see you over here! Thanks for going with me to Cali (we're going back to Cali, Cali, Cali...)! We're not done yet. So don't pack your bags yet. I'm thinking...the pool! ;D

And yes...I think you're on to something with the whole Vegas morals and values bit. ;D

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to take Zander to Disneyworld when he's older. It will be my first time as well! My sister speaks highly of the FASTPASS too!

Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

Sunshine said...

Hey Z's Mom! Have fun when you go! DisneyWORLD is pretty awesome! I'm sure Z will loooove it! And The Momma too! ;D

Cahya said...

Nice to see your blog.

Sunshine said...

Cahya--Thanks for stopping by...now I'm off to check your blog (you) out...ha ha...:)

Sunshine said...

Cahya--Okay, I'm not checking your bloggie out...denied, denied, denied is what I am. Hey, still...thanks for stopping by. :)