Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Still Going...

* I wish Blog Spot had an option to listen to your play list as you're typing out a post...

The next two days we took a much needed breather. We spent the next day at the hotel doing laundry, catching some rays at the pool, spending money and meeting friends.

Funny story...so we're at the pool, and I'm sitting on the side watching my little mermaids when this little girl comes up to my side and says "hi" to my oldest daughter. She even says her name. I say, "Oh, did you guys meet here the other day?" And she's like, "No, I live in your neighborhood." I assumed she meant the "hotel neighborhood". She goes on to say, "On your street, in Oregon." NO WAY! Come to find out she does live on our street and the girls know each other through mutual friends on the street. GET OUT! She's a little older than my oldest, so she plays with the "bigger" kids. Too funny. So I go on to introduce myself to her parents, who are equally shocked. It's really sad when you have to go all the way to Disneyland to meet your neighbors. Let that be a lesson to me.

So it was so nice to just not be walking around all day. I believe this was the day that hubby painted my toenails for me. That just does not happen when we are home. Isn't vacation grand? We did go to Downtown Disney to get souvenirs (and our daily portion of Jamba Juice). Getting your souvenirs at Downtown Disney instead of inside Disneyland, was a great tip my girlfriend gave me. Save Disneyland for the rides. That World of Disney store is HUGE. Glorious one stop shopping. You will not be disappointed. Our favorite finds were of course the pins (we got pins of our favorite rides...I mentioned how very cool the pins were, right?), and these adorable mini Splash Mountain glass globes that played, "Zippity Do Da". My favorite find were these Mickey/Princess decals for the car. You know...mom, dad, dog and cat in Mickey hats, and two little princess daughters? Love them. I can't wait to wash the car (yes, we've been home over a week now and the car is still covered in Californian dust) and stick them on. Oh and of course you can't leave Disneyland without getting one of those HUMONGOUS lollipops that are as big as your face and you can never, ever finish. So yeah...those too.

That evening we got to meet up with some friends of mine. We know each other through the Wiggles. We've never met face to face, but we've "known" each other for around 5 years now. Yes, some of my dearest friends live in my computer. You could say that these friends o' mine and I are big Wiggle fans (*ahem* our kiddos are) and may have been to "several" Wiggle concerts and know probably too much information about "the boys in the band" for you to handle all at once. So I'll just spread that out throughout my posts. I don't want to overwhelm you...yet. The time will come though, so prepare yourself.

Needless to say, I was excited to finally meet-meet these girls. So we all met, kiddos in tow, at The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I was a little anxious before meeting them...What if they think we're weird? What if they're weird? What if we have nothing to talk about? What if A-girl throws a tantrum, Does my butt look big in this?etc...But the bigger part of me was just too excited to meet people I had been talking to and sharing my life with (and lots of Wiggle love) over the last 5 years. They make me laugh. We tend to have a lot of fun through various outlets of technology. I was very encouraged that meeting them would be a good thing. And it so was. They were so niiiiiiice. And we totally didn't run out of things to say either. AND we managed to not talk about the Wiggles the entire time. Cuz that would be weird. And our kids really, really liked each other--always a plus. And the restaurant is louder than a freight train, so the kids could be loud and crawl under the table, and do little dances. Again, a plus. It was one of those, "It feels like we've been friends forever." It was easy, that's what it was. Oh, and one of them really looked like Angelina Jolie, and I mean that as a big ol' compliment. (Hi Julie and Sharon!) And the Batmobile was there. Well, not in The Cheesecake Factory, but just outside. It was pretty cool. We got to see it take forever to back up and drive away. It looked like it was going to change into a transformer any second. Hubby was happy about that. Oh yeah, hubby was there. He's such a trooper, isn't he? The things he does for me. I don't think he minded being surrounded by beautiful women, a bunch of kiddos, and the Batmobile for the night. (Hi Honey!)

I tell you. Nothing but good times. Good times.

P.S. My friend Sharon has a blog too...Mama Sharon Says...! Check her out! She has a little bidness going and there are BROWNIEPOPS involved. Yum-O!

9 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm sorry. You lost me with "my hubby painted my toes."

That ain't real.

:D

Sunshine said...

Hill--I know..Where'd that come from? What can I say? He likes me. :)

Dee said...

Im so jealous.....

Sunshine said...

You know Dee, one of these days I will be plastering pictures of you and me on my blog...I'll dedicate two whole weeks of writing to our trip to AUSTRALIA too. I will tell them eeeeevvvveeerrryyything...ha ha...well, maybe not you know, EVERYTHING-EVERYTHING. But a good chunk of it.

I think I should just have a boardie reunion and invite "the boys" to perform in my backyard. You think they would? :)

Dee said...

Sunshine, I Can't wait.

Maybe they'll come to MY backyard... its closer, LOL

Sunshine said...

Dee--You've got a point there! Just make sure I know about it, k? :D

Liesl said...

Ok, we'll have to do this again next year, cause I'll be there *sigh*
Hey, I agree with a boardie reunion. Doesn't matter where, but I'd love to have The Cockroaches/BSL/G Page (and hopefully the JF band) providing live entertainment.
Now THAT would be cool.

Sharon said...

Wow! Thanks for mentioning my little blog and the pops! That was quite kind of ya!

Sharon said...

AHHHH! I am FINALLY home from work. I got to actually read your blog. It was easy, wasn't it! Jonathan and I had such a great time and it really was like we do this all the time and not was the 1st time we actually "met-met." Miss you already. And I have heard so many people say Julie looks like Ms. Jolie! It's soooooo true. She is one BE-U-TI-FUL lady, as are you. Me...well after I figure a way not to eat my profits and loose 50 or so I may catch up to you all. HUGS darlin..to Chris and the girls too. Jonathan made them a picture today. I need to get it to you and don't own one of those scanner thingys. :)