Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Come And Knock On My Doooooooor...

On to the "lighter" side of things. Back to the vacation ramblings, cuz you just haven't had enough of that have you? Please see, Still Going... , if you haven't already, so you're not completely lost.

So the next day, we said farewell to L.A. and cruised on down to San Diego. I've decided that I looooooove San Diego. I had never been and I instantly liked it. It was different than what I was expecting. I was imagining Three's Company (Come and knock on my dooooor...) and got The Hills. Well, not quite. Minus all the drama (well, I'm sure there's drama somewhere in SD, but we didn't see it). But it was so beautiful. Hills and hills and water and beautiful homes nestled in and on those beautiful hills. And there was that ocean breeze, which made the temperature about ten degrees less than L.A. It. was. so. nice. there.

My hubby's cousin, wife and kiddos (the family that we latched on to at the reunion) live there, so we were looking forward to spending the day and evening with them. They have two little girls pretty close to the same ages as ours, or good enough anyway. What was nice about this was that everybody had a buddy. As we have noticed time and again (on play dates, etc...) is that three's a crowd. So the girlies got along splendidly. Which gave the grown ups plenty of time to catch up.

Hubby's cousin's wife and I had fun chatting up a storm, comparing notes on raising girls, marriage and sharing the same last name. We totally need to live in the same city. That's all there is to it. And hubby and his cousin just had fun. They are one and the same.

About six years ago, hubby bought a brick to Stone Brewery Co., in San Diego. So while we were in San Diego, we had to go see our brick. So the eight of us loaded up and headed to Stone Brewery for appetizers and well...brew, cuz that's what you drink at a brewery. Well, we do. So we get there and it is an absolutely beautiful place. Besides the restaurant, they have patios and fountains and gardens. They hold events there. They had a movie night going the night that we were there. It would have been completely awesome there if they weren't so...I don't know rude, in a nice way. I'm not even going to mention the fact that they almost didn't let us have a table cuz (we had kids) we weren't sitting down for an actual meal. Hello? This is a brewery, correct? Don't people just have drinks all the time at restaurants? And this is a brewery. But they let us have a table out on the patio, until they needed it. Whatevs. We got appetizers. I don't even remember what we got, cuz it was so weird. Okay, not weird. Different. They had ostrich burgers at this place. Ostrich. So yeah...hopefully that gives you an idea. But the brew was good. And that's all that mattered (to hubby). And we ended up having a fine, fine time (we usually do) despite that (and the fact that the brick that we bought was hidden behind the staircase and didn't have our name on it anyways...). Like I said, it was beautiful out there. The kids could run free (in the fountain and gardens). So it was a good time had by all. I swear.

Then we went back to their house and had dinner. Spaghetti with homemade (this t'aint outta the jar) spaghetti sauce. Amazing. A secret recipe, really, passed down. I vow to steal it some day. And we stayed entirely too late. We made them stay up until midnight. Kids and all. How cool are we? Please have us over.

So basically, I love these people. The kiddos didn't fight at all. They were fun. They were good to us. They are still talking to us after all that. AND hubby's cousin gave Keanu Reeves my cell number. Just kidding. He had a pass to Comic-Con (he works for a local TV station in SD) and took a bunch of pics (for me) of Keanu. Cuz I love him. I'll see if I can figure out how to get those pics over here for your viewing delight.

Next up...Legoland. I swear, we went home at some point. I WILL write about other things.

12 comments:

Liesl said...

I looked at Keanu *thud* and forgot what i was going to write... tee hee

Hillary said...

Adorable kids...

Adorable Keanu...

And please come on over and stay past midnight...

Dee said...

If you stay to midnight when you visit me you will just have to sleep here..... no taxis out in the sticks

Mrs Moog said...

Your day sounds perfect and it's just the best when all the kids are happy :)

Now I get the Keanu thing...no need for me to have Keanu envy after all then!!

xxx

trash said...

I'm not sure that you would want me singing to you but lying in the grass down at my painting teacher's house is a terrific thing to do.

Thanks for coming to visit today.

Jennifer P. said...

I would have been rushing Keanu and trying to rip locks of his hair out :)! Good thing you didn't take me on your trip.

Can't wait to see Legoland pictures. THat place rocks (or it looks like it does---never actually been there :)!)

Sunshine said...

Renata--Yeah, he does that to you. :)

Sunshine said...

Hill--I would love to come over and stay past midnight...when?

Sunshine said...

Dee--Darn--no taxi's. I guess we'll just have to staaaay...for two weeks. :)

Sunshine said...

lesley--Thanks for stopping by! Yes, it's best when the kiddos are happy...and there is wine.

Oh, and Keanu!

Sunshine said...

trashalou--Do you know me at all??? (ha ha) I would love to do that--I don't care what they say! ;D

I love your name too. Wish I would have thought of it. :) Thanks for stopping by my place! :)

Sunshine said...

Jennifer P.--Good thing for Keanu, WE weren't there, right? I'd be blogging about a "security episode" instead.