Sunday, May 4, 2008

CHECK MY HAIR!

Okay, so I thought I was a hypochondriac, but after wearing this heart monitor thingy for two days, I'm thinking "no." I've had to journal every single "feeling" or discomfort from the waist up the entire time. I'm on to four pages now and getting very annoyed with the whole dealie. Something must be really going on, cuz I'm pretty good with the sympathy pains on a daily basis, but I haven't heard one person talk about heart palpitations. When I watch the news or hear someone complain of a sore back, headache, lice (Honey, check my hair, CHECK MY HAIR!), broken bone, scratchy eye, carpal tunnel, shingles, bronchitis, eye stye, I totally feel like I have it too (Yeah, my throat feels a little scratchy too). Plus I'm always hurting myself. Last week, when I went to the doctor, I just got home and missed the stair in my garage and totally bit it. Totally busted up my ankle...all kinds of bruising and good feelings. Stairs and I do not agree. I'm very good at the minor injuries.

But now that I'm actually wearing a device that I can't get wet and having to write every single thing down, I'm convinced that this is really happening. Of course, I'm also imagining the technician/doctor trying to match my journal up to the heart monitor recordings and calling me "crazy" behind my back and then trying to break it to me gently that I seriously need HELP (as in mental). But what I really want to do right now is take a very long, hot and extremely soapy shower.

2 comments:

KatBouska said...

So when do you see your doctor again? How soon till you get some answers??

Sunshine said...

Hey Kathy! I go back on Friday for and ECHO. And then a follow up a week later to get the good docs thoughts. So it'll be a while, I guess unless he sees something scary.

I'm sure it's nothing. I have a lot of little quirks like this going on. Just gonna add it to the list. :)