Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Here Kitty




It seems we might have a new kitty. Two days ago this cute little black and white cat showed up on our front porch. Every time we open the front or garage doors, she just comes a-running up and meowing her little head off. I call her a "she," because she sounds like a girl. And I've named her "Baby," cuz I keep telling her, You're just breaking my heart, baby! I want to feed her so bad, make her a little bed in the garage and give her warm milk. I know when I got home today, Baby saw me carry in the new bag of cat food (we do have a cat already) and when she was in the garage, she saw the box of kitty litter. I can just read her little mind--it's right there--gesturing wildly with her little paw. Though, I reason that she does have a little red collar with a teeny bell on it, and she's not exactly looking like she's used all of her nine lives up. She's looking pretty good. But still. Baby girl won't leave. Is it bad that I'm trying to talk myself into keeping her, because she matches our dog? She's so tiny and meow-y. That bell's cute too. But it's the bell that's pretty much telling me not to feed her. Yet. Poor Baby.

1 comment:

KatBouska said...

I adopted a little orange kitty the same way. Only I didn't hesitate to give him some food. I searched for his home in our neighborhood, took him to the vet to check for a microchip, and posted a found ad on craigslist...when no one came forward I adopted him. Every dog needs an accessory. ;)