Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'll Take Two Peace On Earth's

For the last couple of years, we've drawn names for Christmas.  Our family is big, so it helps out in a big way in the cashola department, but it does take it up a notch in the thoughtfulness department.  Not that you wouldn't be thoughtful anyway, but now you have to be really thoughtful.  You've just added some time and effort in for a couple people, versus twenty.

This year, we got a bunch of boys.  I need some ideas.  We're buying for a couple of uncles down in California, a great grandpa, and a grandpa, so keep that in mind.  Before you say gift certificates, I would just like to say that I'd like to keep that as a Plan B.  Let's forget coffee mugs too.  And no 2 lb. beef sausages--though delicious--well, just no. Aaaaaand, now I'm clean out of ideas.  Please feel free to help a girl out and offer some good ones. Just tell me what you're getting your uncles in California, great grandpas and grandpas and I'll just copy.  Okay?

Let me tell you what I know about these people though.  The uncles in California, live in California.  The great grandpa is a veteran and loves all things WW2 related, BUT, he already has a ton of that stuff.  The grandpa only wants "peace on earth".  Now you know what I know.  Let the ideas roll in.  Send pictures if possible. (smile)

Now, if you're one of the lucky ones buying for me, I have a couple ideas to make your thoughtfulness 100% easier.  First on the list: C.G. Bigelow lip stuff at Bath & Body Works.  I'm addicted to it, so it's always a crowd pleaser.




Slipper socks. 





Those will do. And if you really, really just want to win my heart over, you can get me this:




I will let you. 


Or this one:






Or this delightful one:




Or just any one of Johanna Wright's artwork found here (you pick):



Because I found her and now I love her.

Or, you know, peace on earth also works. Now go.  You have things to do.


3 comments:

Dee said...

those a lovely paintings, hope you get some!

Sunshine said...

Hey Dee!

Aren't they sweet?! If I don't, I'll just have to take care of things myself. :)

xoxo

Jenny said...

How about a couple of novels for the uncles (if they are readers), or a DVD set of a favourite TV show.
Love the pictures you want.