Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving



A couple years ago, my aunt gave the girls a book called, Grateful Hearts Give Thanks- A Treasury of Graces and Blessings.  It was the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning, and I thought--blog.  I'm big on listening to myself, so I dug through Addy's bookshelf, to find it. 

Today, like most of you, we're having the family over.  Both sides. We are so fortunate in that all of these different personalities, ages and heights (that's an inside joke of which I should really blog about on another occasion, cuz it's pretty good) can get together in a small setting for hours and leave still liking each other. 

I laugh.  I do, but this has been a hard year.  The economy, distance, health issues, and tragedy--we went through a lot as a family. It is our faith and our love for one another that gets us through right this minute. I know that's true. I am so thankful that we can still smile, laugh until it hurts, and find the good.   

Our Heavenly Father, we thank you for this food, the roof above us and for this family.  Help us remember that a family is for growing up in, for going away from, and for coming back to.  It is for loving concern, for helping each other through happy times and sad.  With Your blessing, this family will always be together in our hearts and in our memories, giving each of us the strength to live our own lives and to be our own persons.  Amen.

Virginia Backus

You know I have to end with funny, right?





Which one's the turkey?
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: