Thursday, October 16, 2008

No Falling Down The Rabbit Hole For Me


Last night I dreamt I was in college again and I had to parallel park (noooooooooo...). So that, would be a nightmare. In my dream though, the professor took the class to a pub (yes, a pub) and we were enjoying (aka, getting an education) some delicious micro-brew. So, I guess the dream couldn't have been that bad.

And now I'm going to share with the world...brace yourself... that I have high school quarterback dreams. *Gasp* Well, it's just one high school quarterback. I'm not going to share his name, just in case he were to ever stumble upon this blog. But I usually have an actual name for these dreams when I refer to them. But, to protect the innocent, I shall leave the name out. Just in case.

So last night was a HSQB (whew...that was easier) dream. One of many I have. Many. I have been dreaming about this HSQB for years. He just pops in from time to time. Sometimes months will go by, but it has been going on for a long time. I don't really get whhhhhy I'm dreaming about HSQB, but alas, I do.

See, HSQB was The Man (think "Troy" in High School Musical, minus the singing--I know, must everything refer back to this movie now?) when I was in high school (and before that Junior High and before that...and before that...). He was like the star player in every sport. Eeeeeeveryone had the crush on HSQB. Everyone, except me. I swear. No, for real. I had three best friends. The four of us were always together. And they all loved HSQB. Like really were (as much as a 17-yr-old could be) in love with The Man (they were daydreaming futures, picking out names for their children). At some point (though not at the same time) two of them dated HSQB. I didn't. I had other interests...and by interests, I mean boys. Wait...booooys. And I'm not talking chess club boys here, not that there's anything wrong with that. I wasn't blind to HSQB, but I just never "went there". He felt out of my league maybe. And he was incredibly busy dating my best friends. He was really nice though--a real crowd please-er.

Anyway, now, years and years later, I find him in my dreams all the flipping time. He was there last night. At the pub, taking this class with me. And my dreams with HSQB are usually pretty tame. Lifetime Channel-rated. Usually there's just a look, maybe a touch of the hand. But there is a lot going on in that look and touch of the hand. What I mean is, he's just not in the background when he shows up in my dreams. He's usually like the star of the dream.

I don't need to go into details, but my big reason for sharing this with you (aka, the world) is WHY am I dreaming about HSQB? Seriously. It's so strange. And no, before you get all crazy and tell me I'm totally crushing on him, even now, in real life, it's just not true. My crushes all live in the t.v. (aka, not reality), or in Australia (far, far away). They are nice and safe there. I don't even think about HSQB. Ever. It's not like I'm looking through high school yearbooks, reminiscing, daydreaming about what could have been, right before I go to sleep. I don't think about this guy. When I think about my high school experience, I don't go straight to HSQB, I think of other booooys. He only really ever comes up to me after I've had a dream about him. That is when I think of him. And it's only the ((why)) the fruit loop am I dreaming about HSQB?

Not that I really ever need to figure out the "why" of this. I think I can get through my life never knowing the answer, but it makes me very curious. Dreams fascinate me. Probably cuz mine are never like weird or have that Alice in Wonderland quality to them. They are always "real life". Very vivid, very detailed. No falling down the rabbit hole for me. I go back to college. I parallel park.

Do you have something similar like this going on in dreamland? I'm not gonna waste much time over-analyzing this all (could I be having ESP and he's like dreaming about me at the same time and waking up going WHAT THE FRUIT LOOP himself, cuz he doesn't know why I keep showing up in his dreams? I know, that's just crazy talk, but wouldn't it be cooooool if that were the case?). I'll let you analyze for me, cuz you have the time, right? Or laugh at me. Or pray for me. Or laugh at me. I'll let you decide.

Maybe I should really be focusing on the fact that I'm parallel parking and getting an education in a pub.

15 comments:

Jayne said...

I have no idea why you are dreaming about him!!! Unless it is some subliminal High School Musical Reference....if you have that as part of your every day life a lot then maybe that has had an impact on your own past HSM memories :0)

For now, I'm just going to have to giggle! lol

Sunshine said...

Mummy--ha ha...despite how I probably make things come across I do not think of High School Musical at all times. I swear. Ha ha...

And trust me, I'm laughing too at my dreamworld. Apparently I'm still very much 18 years old. ;D

Hillary said...

At least the star of your dream wasn't ... ohhhhh ... sitting on guests at his house party or, oh, I don't know, giving you a piggy back ride. How old does that make me? 4?

LOL

amelia bedelia said...

I used to dream that I was falling....but I grew up and now I dream about stupid stuff like cutting vegetables and running out of gas. I have no idea why you are dreaming that...

Liesl said...

I dream a lot that I'm still in school and usually failing math for lack of attendance (and I didn't even know I was supposed to be in class). :P

As for the guy, I also have a dude that sometimes pops into my dreams. But he's not really the HSQB (we don't even have football in BR). I do believe every woman has her Mr. Big: that guy that just pops out of nowhere from time to time.

Dee said...

mmm... has it been a month since your last vivid dream?.... remember cycles and all that? (not bicycles - hormonal) LOL

Not sure why the HSQB though.. I can't think deeply at present...

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I have the weirdest dreams and can never figure them out, so you're on your own.
I have a recurring dream that I am lost at the hospital I work in. Usually riding the elevators up and down, changing elevators, and it's kind of scary. In real life I have no fear of elevators and know the hospital quite well, thank you.
The other night I dreamed I was riding an elevator, trying to get back to my floor, and there was someone else on there with a 3-headed baby.
I swear I do not do drugs!

Jennifer P. said...

I LOVE my dreams and use to write them down all the time and try to make sense of them. Now I just kind of fall into bed exhausted and not wake up until someone asks for chocolate milk at the crack of dawn. But I liked reading about yours :)!

Did your hubbie ask WHAT THE FROOT LOOP YOU DOIN' DREAMIN' BOUT HSQB?! :)

Sunshine said...

Mummy--I seriously would love for my kids to call me "mum" or "mummy"...do you think it's too late for me to get them going on it? :)

Sunshine said...

Hill--Yeah...ha ha...no piggy back rides yet with HSQB...that would be almost Alice In Wonderland quality for me...we'd have to be making a meatloaf or watering plants or something. A piggy back might take it up a few notches. Ha ha...But YOU just go ahead. ;)

Sunshine said...

AmeliaBedelia--HA HA...I so GET the cutting of veggies in dreams. C'mon...no strange men popping in your dreams from time to time though? Really. (What is wrong with me?) ;D

Sunshine said...

Renata--LOL at Mr. Big. Yeah, I can't even say HSQB is like a Mr. Big. The dreams aren't *that* good. (or are they?)

I had this other dream the other day about this man...a complete stranger to me, but it was so vivid that if I saw him on the street, I would totally RECOGNIZE him. ISN'T THAT SO WEIRD?! What is *that* all about? I have sooooo many questions!

Sunshine said...

Dee--You are totally onto something. Geez, has it already been a month? Ha ha...

I think I need to not think so deeply and just enjooooy the fact that HSQB likes to be in my dreamland. I must be popular on out there in dreamland.

Sunshine said...

dysfunctionalmom-lol at the not doing drugs! I wasn't going there...I promise. Your elevators seem perfectly "normal" in a weird way...ha ha...I would be SO GLAD to wake up after the elevator dreams. Talk about getting nowhere and the 3-headed baby...not liking that AT ALL.

I used to have a recurring dreams for years and years too. I might have to blog about that one at some point. It could get long on this comment thingy and WHO has the time (except for me)?

Sunshine said...

JenniferP.--Ha ha...I tell hubby about them all the time..."I had another HSQB dream..." HSQB has the same first name as my high school sweetheart (who I never dream about--Okay, there was that one time...), and hubby ALWAYS thinks I'm talking about HIM when I tell him. EVERY SINGLE TIME. I have to explain (no not THAT guy...the other one)every single time!

Ha ha...I should really, probably, maybe, keep some things to myself once in a while.