Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday's Foto Finish Fiesta

Happy Halloween!! Just for fun, I thought I'd show you some very old pics of some of my first Halloween costumes. The first time I ever got to dress up was when I was about 9. My parent's didn't do Halloween before then. I know, feel very bad for me.

My first costume was homemade. I was a hobo. I searched high and low for that pic, but it was not to be found, so you have to use your imagination.

The next year, I was a Genie. This was by far my favorite costume (though anything next to a hobo is probably better). It was a real life costume. The next year, I was a flapper. I was so excited, cuz I was in 7th grade and we were going to have a parade at school. Everyone got to walk around the gym in a gigantic circle, parading their costume. I don't really remember much about it, except the high heels. I was wearing high heels at 12! The rest, I think I blocked out, as I did for just about everything from 7th grade. It just occurred to me, that that parade might be the very reason I avoid high heels like the plague. Hmph. I think that was the last year I dressed up as a kid too. Sad.

Last year, I managed to convince my family that we had to dress up in a Grease theme. The girlie-o's we're pink ladies and hubbs and I were of course, Danny and Sandy. We didn't have a Halloween party to go to or anything. It was just for fun. We were seriously the only grown ups dressed up, trick-o-treating with the kiddos. We.were.nerds. We already understood that, but now, our neighbors knew.

This year, I was just going to let the girls do their thing and I would stay home and pass out candy. Be the boring mom, at home. I was not going to dress up. Then we got invited to a Halloween party. A real life Halloween party! So yeah, we are SO dressing up. Stay tuned for that picture.


Sorry, I don't know how to work my scanner. I should really work on that.

To participate in Friday's Foto Finish Fiesta (and you must, you must), go to:
http://carriestuckmann.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Hillary said...

Love the costumes. I don't remember ever taking pictures of mine. Hmmmm.

We need to get you scanner lessons so we can REALLY see those pictures.

Have tons of fun and DO share the photos SOOOOON.

Dee said...

Happy halloween! I had to squint, but I think you looked cute!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Y'all aren't the nerds, the non-dressing-up neighbors are! I LOOOVE the Grease theme. Totally awesome.

Liesl said...

I love the whole family dressing up. I love Halloween, but obviously don't have pics of it growing up. I might have to find my carnaval costumes though (not as fun as Halloween!)
xoxo

Jen said...

Cute photos! Hard to believe you were 9 when you first dressed up! Better late than never!