Monday, December 21, 2009

The Walrus



Okay, so this is what I looked like last night.  Sort of.  Add a mouth guard, some crazy hair, two dark circles, my Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire book, and we're golden. 

I had just drifted off good and was getting going in dreamland.  I'm pretty sure I was fighting a dragon over a golden egg, when a scream jolted me out of sleep--my scream.  I was screaming out loud and everything, over the tremendous roar of a dragon!  Which wasn't really a dragon (duh), but my dog bark/growling at my very fat cat, who had made a risky jump for it from the hall, over the dog, onto our bed and landed on me--with his very fat cat body.  Well, when I screamed, it of course woke The Hubbs and made him jump really big, and get in the Ninja crouch on top of the bed, all ready to take a dragon dooooown.  It was pretty impressive. 

And really scary! I saw my heart come out of my chest shaped like a heart too.  That really does happen.  So after we yelled at the dog, comforted the cat until his big tail went down to normal size, checked on the kiddos (somehow they can sleep through their mother screaming bloody murder at Midnight, but wake up when the neighbor opens their garage door three doors down at 5:00 a.m.), we settled back in. 

It took me a while to calm down and stop shaking.  I couldn't believe how much my dog sounded like a dragon. I heard The Hubby chuckle.  It was already funny to him.  Then he said, "So that's your scream?"



This reminded me that I totally thought I couldn't scream anymore.  I've tried.  We're always making fun of our little girls that scream like little girls very well.  And when I try to imitate them, it totally doesn't come out like a little girl scream.  If it comes out at all, it's kind of like...like...a walrus.  Have you ever heard a walrus?  You should Google it if you haven't, cuz it makes this story better.

I was sure that's where The Hubbs was going with this.  He continued to chuckle to himself, reliving the whole episode. Embarrassed, I said, "What, The Walrus?"  Laughing, he said, "No, it was a good scream--very high pitched and shriek-ey."  He was proud of me. I can still scream like a little girl--if I have to.



5 comments:

Jen said...

OMG, you made me laugh LOTS with this one. Thank you!

Jayne said...

That's SO funny Sunshine!

Rena Jones said...

Love it!!!

Dee said...

At least you CAN scream in your sleep - mine are those weird silent screams - like you are so scared, you just can't get it out.

Hillary said...

LOL, way to go!! Last time I screamed I was reaching into Guy's linen closet to grab a towel so we could go for a swim. When I opened the door he was standing there roaring at me. I screamed like a little girl...only even louder I think.

I still need to get him back.