Friday, January 1, 2010

Overall...Good.



I'm stealing this from my beautiful, fierce, she's-kicking-Cancer's-arse-whilst-rocking-the-rexy wigs-and hats, girlfriend, Jennifer (you can find her here--http://jmanullang.blogspot.com/). I'm stealing this cuz whatever she does IS COOL and I looooove the questions.  Details, people, details. 

What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Three vacations without The Hubbs and Squirrels.  Girlfriend Getaway.


Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep.


Did anyone close to you die?
Ugh. Yes.

What countries did you visit?
Just mine.  A lot of mine.

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Sunriver, please.

What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 14. Bad, bad day.  We lost Elizabeth.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Sticking to Jazzercise.  Fo' real.  This is huge for me.  5 days a week.  I get cranky if I miss it. SO not like me.  I'm pretty dang proud of that. I haven't felt this good in a long arse time.


What was your biggest failure?
Losing my niece.


Did you suffer illness or injury?
No.  I usually trip a lot, so that's good. 


What was the best thing you bought?
My new phone...My Touch.  Love it to pieces!  And truthfully, smaller sized clothes (again, Jazzercise).


Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jennifer's.  Yep.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Prolly mine. That whole werewolf thang.


Where did most of your money go?
Clothes.  I'm not usually into clothes that much, but I thank Jazzercise for this again.  And, and, and I cannot fail to mention my favorite store in the world--Simple Folk.  It gets a lot of bidness from me.


What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Vegas with my sister and mom and meeting up with life long girlfriends in Tucson. 


What song will always remind you of 2009?
Come and Get Higher by Matt Nathanson


Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?


a. Happier. Always happier.


b. Thinner (Jazzercise).


c. By MY definition of rich, I'm richer.  Always richer.  Like the happy. :) 


What do you wish you’d done more of?
Writing.


What do you wish you’d done less of?
I would say Facebooking, but that would be a lie.


How did you spend Christmas?
With all the family.  LOADS of togetherness.  I type this with a smile.


Did you fall in love in 2009?
I am always falling in love.  I love you right now.


What was your favorite TV program?
30 Rock.  No question.


Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I still hate Cancer. 


What was the best book you read?
The Twilight series.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
I like a lot of stuff.


What did you want and get?
A girlfriend getaway.


What did you want and not get?
Well, prolly for The Hubbs to be home more.  I don't see that happening. 


What was your favorite film of this year?
New Moon.


What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went out with The Hubbs.  I just asked him what we did and neither of us can remember.  I remember wanting to go out for mexican food (Cinco de Mayo), but not doing that.  I think I had a good time though. :)  I turned 36.


What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Prolly if The Hubbs were home more.  But maybe that's WHY it was a pretty good year.  HA.  I kid, I kid...


How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Um...better.


What kept you sane?
My daily glass of wine.  Friends.


Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Tina Fey.


What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't know if "stirred" is the right word.  Or "political". 


Who did you miss?
Elizabeth.


Who was the best new person you met?
Jennifer.  Hands down.


Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Pay attention. And love 'em good.


Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I think I'll let this remain a mystery.  Shocked, aren't you?

Happy 2010!


5 comments:

Jayne said...

Great post Sunshine! I loved reading your answers :)

Hillary said...

Love your blog's "new do." Now I'm stealing your questionnaire.

Jen said...

Oh, I love you right back, Bebbeh! ♥♥♥

Dee said...

"Pay attention and Love em good.)

Great advice

Tess Kincaid said...

OMG, Sunshine, I am having total pot envy! I've been using one I got in 1982, it's still fine, but with all those lovely pots flooding the market, I've had a hankering for a bright new one. Glad you liked the beans. Yes...tons. I should have mentioned that a pot lasts the entire week!